Who doesn't love brunch? And who doesn't especially love a waffle recipe packed with so much goodness that you could eat these for breakfast every day?
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked (approximately 1 1/2 cup cubed)
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (dairy, unsweetened almond milk, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, sliced
- Nut butter
- Chopped nuts
- Maple syrup
- Cook sweet potato. Option 1: Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 425. Option 2: Pierce several times with a knife, wrap in a wet paper towel, and microwave for 5-6 minutes or per your microwave settings for 2-3 baked potatoes. Remove skin once cooked.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place all ingredients (aside from topping options) in a food processor or blender, and blend just until mixed.
- Lightly coat or spray waffle iron with oil or cooking spray. Pour batter in, and bake according to waffle iron instructors or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Top with your favourite toppings!