Pumpkin Peanut Butter Energy Bars
Makes: 8 large bars or 16 small squares
Macros (per 1 large bar): Carbs 16g | Fat 8 g | Protein 7g
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 natural peanut butter (or almond, cashew, or your fav nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla protein powder (could easily be subbed with coconut flour or almond meal if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon - I used Vietnamese "Saigon" Cinnamon from the Silk Road & it gave it a delicious kick
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder - I found mine at The Light Cellar, it has such a great taste, but if all you have is vanilla extract that will do!
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, pour into prepared pan, and press flat.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, remove, and cut into bars.
I didn't add any in this time, but I'm thinking next time I'll experiment with some chopped nuts, maybe some dried fruit, or for an extra delicious kick, some mini-chocolate chips. Or maybe pumpkin spice instead of the cinnamon? Oh the possibilities!