Pineapple Coconut Protein Balls
When it's -28 and the snowfall warning is continuing in Calgary, you pretend you're at the beach with these delicious pineapple and coconut little bites of protein-packed energy!
Makes: 10-15 bites (depends how you roll 'em)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted and divided
- 3/4 cup macadamia or cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened pineapple
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- In a food processor blend 3/4 cup of coconut and the macadamia nuts until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place dried pineapple and water in a bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds, then allow to cool.
- Blend pineapple in with the coconut and macadamia nut mixture, along with the protein powder, vanilla, and honey.
- If your mixture is too sticky, add more coconut or protein powder, too dry add a few drops of water at a time.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls, then roll balls in remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes until firm.
Recipe source: "Aloha Protein Bites" from getcreativejuice.com