Peanut Butter Date Energy Bites
I love having these (and other energy bites) in the freezer to grab a couple to toss in my gym bag or lunch bag or purse when I know I'm going to be out for a while, and hunger is likely going to hit (when doesn't it?!).
Makes: approximately 15 balls
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes if dry, draining before using)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter, peanut butter, or other nut butter of your choice (I obviously went the PB route)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor blend the cashews and oats for 30-60 seconds only, until a fine flour forms.
- Add dates to the food processor and blend until combined
- Add remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, and process until combined. If it's too dry, add a teaspoon of water.
- Pulse in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 minutes until firm.
Recipe source: "Cookie Dough Bites" from Oh She Glows Every Day by Angela Liddon. I highly recommend picking up the book, I have yet to not love a recipe I've tried!